California Chicken Roll
Made these California Chicken Rolls yesterday and the peeps said I should share the recipe so here it is:
Click “Share” or “Pin” the pic below if you’ll probably make these tasty rolls.
1/3 cup gluten-free soy sauce (I used coconut secret coconut aminos)
1/3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
2 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
2 teaspoons finely grated peeled ginger
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
2 teaspoon honey
8 asparagus spears trimmed
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, butterflied and then pounded to 1/8-inch thick
3 chopped scallions
3 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Turn on broiler
- Line baking sheet w/ foil
- Set wire rack on top of baking sheet
- Whisk GF soy sauce, OJ, garlic, ginger, honey in sauce pan, bring to boil then reduce to low. Stir in lemon juice, and sesame oil. Set sauce aside.
- Cook asparagus in boiling water for 3min, then place in bowl of ice water to stop cooking, pat dry and set aside.
- Butterfly chicken breast then pound to 1/8 inch thickness, then cut in 1/2 lengthwise.
- Brush chicken breast with sauce.
- Place one asparagus spear lengthwise on flattened chicken breast, roll meat around around asparagus and place seam side down on prepped wire rack.
- Broil for 7-8 minutes then brush chicken rolls
- with sauce, then cook for 7-8 more minutes.
- Place on serving plate then drizzle remaining sauce and sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds.
- Eat as many as you want, these are good and good for you.